I’m so beyond excited and grateful to finally update you on what’s been going on behind-the-scenes since our first-cut premiere of the film in June.
What you need to know:
- Ro*Co Films (http://www.rocofilms.com/) is our distributor and executive producer. They’ve been a part of 11 Oscar nominated and/or winning films, and you’ve likely heard of some of their projects (Miss Representation, An Inconvenient Sequel, A Place at the Table, etc.). We received a very generous anonymous donation that we are filled with gratitude for. It’s a big step towards helping us complete the film!
- Our crew has grown to a full-blown group of Executive Producers, Editors, Illustrators, and more.
- The I Am Maris Movie will be internationally distributed upon completion.
- The film is now sponsored by the San Francisco Film Society, and we ask that if you care to support the film, you check out and share our page on their website found here: https://www.sffilm.org/artist-dev…/find-a-project/i-am-maris
- We have a legit website now! Learn more about the film and help us spread the word by sharing this link: https://www.iammarismovie.com/
A note just for the sake of clarity:
Although I consider myself to be a part of this project and its mission, I am officially the “subject” of the film. As such, this is not something I asked for, paid for, produced or directed, or think of in any way as self/business promotion. Okay, disclaimer over!
Thank you so much for helping us spread the word about the film and for joining us on this journey. None of this would be possible without you!
Love and light,